Saturday 3 March 2012

Alice, Alice? Who the Hell is Alice...


Alternative Seamus

Often than not I find myself as far as possible from my painting than I'd like to be. This can be a problem when it comes to finishing painting deadlines for tournaments (and blogs). However it does give me a chance to reflect and plan new projects. After being inspired by the gorgeous Malifaux models painted by friend and fellow gamer Animatronica, I have ordered my own fiendish crew to roam the twisted streets. Having been torn between the Neverborn and Ressurectionists, I settled on Seamus The Mad Hatter. This disturbed individual raises his crew from the remains of Belles to act upon his darkest commands.

Batman's Mad Hatter
The models are brilliant using twisted humour to shock and disgust. Now, whilst going on one of my thinking walks around the Cambridgeshire countryside (I say countryside, I mean a small park). I came up with an idea. I want to exaggerate the idea of Seamus being "The Mad Hatter" and have been toying with the idea of basing the crew around the book "Alice in Wonderland". Recently, I have just completed Arkhem City the Batman game and loved the encounter between him and the Dark Knight. With this in mind I have the beginnings of my paint scheme.

The Plan:
I want to base the crew using The Mad Hatter's Tea Party as theme. I love the idea that Seamus is constantly searching for "Alice". In the future I may incorporate this into the crew possibly with one of the Rotten Belles. I'll try to add features such as the 10/6 card and the bow tie using green stuff. The current scheme for Seamus is too bright in my opinion so I'll be toning it down so that it matches the Batman version.

Madame Sybelle
The crew will also include Sybelle. Keeping in line with the Alice in Wonderland theme I feel that this model screams out to be painted like the Queen of Hearts. I will be ditching the black bodice for a red. Multiple references of cards may also feature heavily. The rest of the Belles will be painted in a variety of colours probably like the ones on the box. This should make my crew stand out but still keep a dark edge.

Rotten Belles - Dead Ladies of the NightOverall I am really looking forward to this project and I should be able to start making the models this week. On top of that Animatronica and I will be playing a couple of games to get the hang of the rules, this week. This is going to be a game I'll have to learn from scratch as there are no dice involved. Who knows it might even catch on. Anyway I'm itching to get started I just wish the postman would hurry up and bring me those models. I don't want to be late for the Tea Party...




1 comment:

  1. Ho Ho! You've been quite prolific lately Follypuff! Malifaux is a bit crazy, played my first game and really enjoyed it, it's pretty tense, but i really like the way it mitigates just how much good and bad luck you have each turn. It's Basically impossible to "keep rolling ones" with the Malifaux system, but i look forward to playing you!

    ReplyDelete