Sunday 11 March 2012

Its All in the Cards

Well all in all a busy week for gaming. My Malifaux Crew arrived and I got to learn the rules (a bit) at my local club run by the Heroes and Legends guys. What an interesting game! Its nothing like I've played before as it uses cards not dice. The idea being that you get the same amount of good luck to bad. You just have to know when to use it. Each player takes it in turn to activate a model, which makes the games very tactical. I was using Seamus and his Rotten Belles whilst Animatronica was using his guild force (Criid's Witch Hunters). Malifaux is not the easiest of games and I've learnt that I'm gonna have to play many more games to understand more of the possible combinations and effective tactics. However, both games that I played were incredibly enjoyable and I can't wait to play other Crews.


Seamus, himself is finished and was a joy to paint. As I mentioned in a previous post I wanted to him resemble the Batman Mad Hatter and I feel I have achieved this. I added a bow tie and a 6/10 card using green stuff and then used pictures from the game as reference. The base is from the Wyrds Graveyard base pack. A word of warning these models are a nightmare to put together and are very fiddly. When painting the skin I used the Eavy Metal Painting guides. If you can still get them they are brilliant and it amazes me why they stopped doing them in White Dwarf. Now for those of you who are squeamish stop reading now..........

OK.
Still there?
Well Seamus is known in the game for being very overly "friendly" with his zombie friends. I wanted to give a very subtle hint of this in the model. Using the old chestnut and red inks from workshop I painted a bloody hand print onto his chest. I felt that the model needed this as his stomach is very bare. Originally the plan was going to go to be a tattoo but reading Seamus' background I thought it needed to be a little more grim...

Now I'm going to finish the rest of the Crew and raise hell in the streets of Malifaux. Madame Sybelle is staring at me from my painting table (I've never been more creeped out by a model). She is going to be based of the Queen of Hearts so I will be free hand painting lots of little heart shapes...wooo. I'm also going to look for some dolls tea sets that I can add to the bases further reinforcing the theme of Alice in Wonderland. Well off I go for another week into the warp to do battle against countless enemies (or as some people may call it work).
Seeya.


No comments:

Post a Comment