Monday 10 December 2012

Where have you been?

Good day readers I have emerged from the darkest depths of the materium to bring you at last another article for your enjoyment. I have been unable to post for some time due to work commitments and other more personal events in my life but I'm back.

So here's a run down of what you have missed over the last few months:

Mephiston hates plasma guns!
1. My dabbling with 6th edition 40K army lists ended in disaster after some appalling luck, draws and generalship on my part. I finished very low down in the Octoberfest leader board and with my Blood Angel's wings clipped repeatedly by Space Wolves I have decided to give competitive 40K playing a rest. This is not to say my Angels won't see the light of day, it just means I am going to look at other ways of playing my favourite wargame





Nom, Nom, Nom! Mephiston loves power armour.
2. 30K for the win. Having just had my 26th birthday I received a very eagerly awaited prezzie from my ever so understanding partner. Betrayal, the Forge World Horus Heresy Book is quite frankly a masterpiece of fiction and table top rules. It covers the events leading up to Istavaan 3 and lots of interesting information about the legions before the met their beloved Primarchs. My personal favourites are the Primarch rules and the additional legion rules. I can't wait for the next book!




3. Dropzone Commander. I have just recently started a new game called dropzone commander. This game is a 10mm wargame based in the year 2670. Humanity has been scattered by a parasitic race called the Scourge and must stand against them and other alien threats such as the mysterious Shaltari and the augmented Post Human Republic. What drew me to this game is the sublimely sculpted models. They are a wonder to paint and the game is relatively easy to learn. I have chosen the Scourge and have begun painting in earnest. I have played 2 games and I am picking up the rules quickly. The game has drawn alot of support from fans and I have even managed to download a free army builder built by a very enthusiastic supporter of the game. More on this game soon.


I hope to be back soon with more tips, treats, reviews and other stuff. In the mean time keep painting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment