Monday 2 July 2012

6th Edition 40K


Eager to get to grips with the new book!

In the grim darkness of the far future there is only.... a brand spanking new book with lots of pretty stuff in it (woo). 6th edition 40K is here and on Saturday I was one of many people to purchaise a copy of the new rules.

I awoke bleary eyed and was out of the door in 5 minutes flat. The feeling you get when you're a kid at Christmas rushed over me. I talked to animatronica about the book all the way to the Heroes and Legends store. For those of you who arn't in the know Heroes and Legends is my semi local gaming store. Only just over a year old it has allowed me to experience games and products that I would have never heard of let alone seen in a GW.

Guy's excitement knows no bounds...

I arrived at H&L and to my suprise I wasn't the only one a que had formed already. The atmosphere was buzzing and you could have cut the excitment with a chainsword. Onlookers stared at the group in bewielderment (You'd think standing outside a gaming shop at 9 am was normal?). The shutters shuddered to life and the doors opened. The shop was rammed with people all with one quest, 40K. I asked Guy (one of the staff members) what his impressions were of the new rules. He was pleased that he now had even more psychic powers he could use in his Grey Knight force. After this brief discussion he then proceeded to show me how the new powers can effect a game. One power made my terminators re-roll successful armour saves!

Finally it was mine (at a discount too SCORE!), as well as many, many, many more things for my Blood Angels (looks like 2K points is going to be the new black). The staff were great and were happy to talk about the new rules, possible lists and play games. I myself played 3 games over the Saturday and lost all 3 (nothing new). However, it didn't matter, as it gave me a chance to learn new rules and discuss possible problems with slight inconsistancies with the codexes.




I also managed to be one of the first to aquired one of only 25 purity seals made by Hammer and Forge. The quality and craftmanship is outstanding right down to the scrollwork. Now I've just got to find somewhere to put the thing. If your interested check them out as they can made all manner of bespoked items for certain Sci fi games (hint, hint, nudge, nudge, you know what I mean).

A Purity Seal. Now where to put the thing?
So what does this mean for my armies. Well out of the ashes have arrisen the Templars. The have been given a significant boost by new F&Q (rage anyone?) but for the time being I will be beavering away at trying to get a 2K Blood Angel list with all manner of thinngs: Dreads, Stormravens, Tycho and possibly some Allies?

So thats it till next time. The Folly of War is setting off into the unknown. If you had a great 40K release tell me about it. What was your favourite bit? What do you think of the new rules? What was your 40K release like? Until next time. Navigator set co-ordinates Octoberfest!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment