Monday 18 June 2012

Nurgle's Rot



Assault Marines as promised.
 
A very short post this week, due to an unfortunate case of Nurgle's Rot (stomach virus probably picked up from work). This has given me another opportunity to think about new projects and  existing projects. The Blood Angels are coming on and I have now moved on to painting a unit of devastators and the army is filling out nicely. Why the sudden interest in 40K? Well a certain 6th edition of a certain round based game is (rumour has it) only two weeks away. There is a lot of murmurs all over the Internet and all I can say I just can't wait. It got me thinking how my armies are going to be effected by rules changes. In the last edition my Templars changed radically and I feel this is going to happen again. Whether this is for better or worse only time will tell? Illness leaves you with a lot of thinking time. Is starting a new army now a good idea? Should I have waited...Nah even with drastic sweeping changes armies can be built, modified, tested and modified again. An army is a living thing and it should be allowed to grow and change.  If you have opinions about this please feel free to leave a comment.



My painting table in all its glory.
 
Finally before I go to pass another nurgling here is something that has keep me sane during the low points of my illness. So in the light of all this euro 2012...
 



2 comments:

  1. Hahaha That video is mint!

    New Blood Angels are looking lovely! Hopefully they will fare better against Chaos than the Templars Ho-Ho.

    I don't think the change in editions is gonna change anything crazy big, people talk smack about whats good and what isn't in the game and you only have to look at Jamie's Ashes victory to dispel that, a non meta-army just played really well does the job.

    now you just have to work on rolling less 1's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mate that video is great! hahahaha.

    Also, think it was the shear craziness of the orks that suprised people more than anything I did. But still, as Shem says thinks are gonna be cool and wazzy for a while :)

    ReplyDelete